Saturday, April 11, 2009

Night Owl's Diet

Pasta Pimentée
I'm still carrying a few extra pounds from my visit to England and Christmas (yes I know that was 4 months ago, but I can't help being greedy!). Working in an all you can eat buffet restaurant doesn't help either! So I'm getting myself back into the routine of preparing my meals for my shift at home. Today on the menu is

Pasta Pimentée


Ingredients

200g penne pasta
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp chilli purée
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbslp olive oil
2 tsp basil
2 tsp parsley
salt & pepper

Method

1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil gently
3. Add onions, garlic and chilli purée
4. Stir until well mixed
5. Add the chopped tomatoes, spices and salt & pepper
6. Simmer gently for 5 mins
7. Drain the pasta and pour over the sauce
8. Mix together

Serves : 4
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 10 - 15 mins

Serve with grated cheese and crusty bread

I will be packing a fruit yoghurt, a banana and an orange. Can't get much healthier than that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails