Thursday, June 14, 2012

First Stock Up in Blighty

I went for my first stock up on all the British goodies for the market stall last week. I took my nephew with me to help me with the heavy lifting. He's never been to England so as soon as we got over the channel we went straight for a full English breakfast.

Full English Breakfast

The poor lad was gob smacked at the size of it, and only managed to finish half, whereas I, greedy as always ate the whole lot and washed it down with a giant cup of real English tea. Well it would've been rude not to!

Soulimane & the giant plate

With the Queens's Jubliee and the Olympics being held in the UK this year there were Union Jack flags everywhere! But I must admit this was taking it too far...

Union Jack Bride

There was even a bridesmaid's dress to go with it...

Union Jack Bridesmaid Dress

I was very tempted to go in and ask if they'd sold any! But then again, this is why I love being British, we aren't afraid of ridicule!

It was a fantastic sunny day and my nephew thoroughly loved England and before hopping back on the Eurotunnel we stopped to have fish & chips by the sea. Alas in true British style as soon as we walked out of the chip shop the heavens opened, so we ate them in the car looking out at the murky sea!

The Little Fish Shop

1 comment:

blossom accountants said...

nice post thanks for update

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails