I made this little sauce up the other day while wondering what to do with a crown of duck. Simple and delicious. I did duck but this fruity number is perfect for any red meat or pork. You could also subsitute the blueberries for redcurrants.
25cl white wine
4cl cider vinegar
2cl balsamic vinegar
2 shallots/1 onion, chopped finely
1. In a saucepan melt the butter
2. Add the shallots/onions cook, stirring occasionally until the shallots/onions are soft
3. Add the white wine, vinegars and blueberries
4. Simmer gently for 5 - 10 mins
5. Remove from the heat and squash the berries with the back of a wooden spoon
6. Set aside, letting the juice from the berries seep into the sauce
7. Just before serving return a high heat and bring just to the boil stirring continuously
Or if you've roasted your meat in the oven
When you've removed your meat from the oven add the sauce to the meat tray, mixing the sauce with the juices from the meat. Return to the oven for 3-5mins or until hot. This gives the sauce a fuller and more meaty flavour.