Saturday, October 23, 2010

Love Le Creuset

Le Creuset
Out of all my kitchenware my Le Creuset casserole dish (found at a mere 10€ at local brocante) has to be my favourite. It really does make all the difference to a dish. If you don't have one I insist you put it on your Christmas list! Tonight I felt I'd neglected it over the summer so I whipped it out and whipped up and chicken casserole.

Ingredients

1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tblsp olive oil
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
1 pint chicken stock
2 tsp herbes de provence
6 chicken drumsticks

Method

1.In a medium casserole dish heat the oil on the hob
2.Add onions and garlic
3.When the onion and garlic starts to soften add the tomatoes, chilli powder and worchestershire sauce
4.Stir constantly over a medium heat until well mixed
5.Add the chicken, stock, paparika and herbes de provence
6.Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour 30 mins

Serves : 6
Preparation : 5 mins
Cooking time : 1 hour 40 mins

1 comment:

Phil in the Kitchen said...

I hadn't used my Le Creuset dish lately either so I made your chicken casserole in it. Very tasty and right now I'm enjoying the leftovers stirred into a couscous salad. I wish my Le Creuset dish looked as fresh and new as the one in the picture or that I could find a replacement for 10€.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails