I love lamb, but I always seem to be at a loss at what to do with it. I am unfamiliar with it's cooking possibilities, so I have decided to train myself to become familiar with this gorgeous meat.
Here's a recipe from Baco for Mediterranean Lamb that I tried last night. T'was delicious.
Sheet of Kitchen Foil
1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
1 small onion, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tsps capers, rinsed
1 tsp chopped oregano
1 tsp chilli flakes or chopped chillis
½ level tsp of sugar
4 lamb chump chops
1 tblsp olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Drain some of excess liquid from the tomatoes.
2. Mix the onion, tomatoes, garlic, capers, oregano, chilli flakes and sugar together in a bowl.
3. In a frying pan heat the oil and brown the chops all over.
4. Season the chops with salt and pepper.
5. Place the piece of foil on a baking tin and put half the tomato mixture in the centre of the foil and lay the browned chops on it.
6. Top them with the remaining mixture.
7. Fold up the sides of the foil over the chops.
8. Bring the ends up to overlap by about 2" forming a loose parcel.
9. Press the edges of the foil together to prevent the parcel from opening.
10. Bake in the upper part of the oven for 20 minutes at 220°C/Gas 7.
Serves : 4
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 25 mins