Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thank you Adam!

Adam's Breast of Lamb
I love lamb but I'm not too familiar at cooking it. After work I stopped off at the butcher's and picked up some lamb riblets. I have no idea who Adam is but Adam's Breast of Lamb, found courstey of cookitsimply.com, was the recipe I decided on for my lamb adventure and it was simply delicious!

Ingredients

2 breasts of lamb, cut into 'riblets'
1 pint (600 ml) water
6 tablespoons malt vinegar
3 tablespoons plum jam
3 tablespoons tomato puree (paste) or sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon made mustard
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
salt pepper

Method

1. Put the lamb riblets in a saucepan with the water and 4 tablespoons of the vinegar.
2. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain the lamb.
3. Put the remaining ingredients, including the rest of the vinegar, in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until well combined.
4. Arrange the lamb riblets in a roasting tin and pour over the sauce.
5. Roast in a preheated moderately hot oven 200°C (400°F) Gas Mark 6 for 40 minutes, basting the riblets with the sauce every 15 minutes.
6. Increase the heat to hot 230°C (450°F) Gas Mark 8 and roast for a further 10 minutes to crisp the coating.

I served with a potato gratin and carrots.

Serves : 4
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 1 hour

Footnote : My mum pointed out to me that Eve was supposedly made from Adam's rib so maybe this is the Adam in reference!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails