Monday, September 6, 2010

Bits on the Side

Some days I’m really in the mood for cooking. I can sometimes spend hours on end in the kitchen whipping up this and that and then I pack it all up and put it in the freezer, for those days where I just can’t be bothered to get off the sofa!

Here are a few of my favourite side dishes that I like to be able to pull out of the freezer at whim.

Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes

Gorgonzola Mashed PotatoesIngredients

8 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
50g butter
150ml (1/4 pint) milk
1 tblsp grated parmesan
100g gorgonzola cheese, chopped finely

Method

1. Peel and chop the potatoes
2. Rinse with cold water and add to a large pan
3. Cover with cold water and add a tsp of salt
4. Bring to the boil and simmer until soft (tip: to check the potatoes are fully cooked, take a sharp knife and slide it into the potato, if it slides straight through they're done!)
5. Drain and return to the pan
6. Add butter and milk, parmesan and gorgonzola
7. Mash until creamy (add extra butter and milk if needed.)

Serves : 4
Preparation : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails