I have this poster framed and hanging in my kitchen. I love peppers, whether raw or cooked, they add a little sweetness and make the simplest of dishes more cheerful with their vibrant colours. Here's a super quick recipe that can be either a great side dish or as a main course if served with rice or potatoes.
2 large red or yellow bell peppers, halved and seeded
2 medium tomatoes, halved
4 thin slices of salted anchovies (optional)
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 tblsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1. Place the halves of tomatoes in the halves of peppers.
2. Chop the anchovies into small pieces.
3. In a small dish mix the crushed garlic, chopped anchovies, olive oil and salt.
4. Poor evenly over the peppers.
5. Place under a hot grill for 5-10 minutes.
Serves : 2
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 5 - 10 mins